The Buildings and Grounds Department is the responsibility of Mr. Greg Manik. Greg has been with the district for 20 years and oversees the maintenance and operation of the district facilities.
The Buildings and Grounds consist of the following:
- Avon High: 190,000 square feet; 47 acres
- Avon Middle School: 58,000 square feet; 17 acres
- Heritage North Elementary School: 70,000 square feet; 16 acres
- Heritage South Elementary School and the Connector: 76,000 square feet; 17 acres
- East Elementary: 70,000; 9 acres
- Village Elementary: 48,000 square feet; 7 acres
With regard to personnel; Greg is responsible for 12 full time day and night custodians, 2 groundskeepers, and 16 part time housekeepers.
At this time there are no positons available in this department. However, the district is always taking resumes for substitutes for custodians and housekeepers. If you are interested in being a substitute, please fill out the application form under the section titled, "forms and documents" and return to the central office, c/o of Mr. Greg Manik at Avon Board of Education, 35573 Detroit Road, Avon, Ohio 44011.